QUARANVINO are fun, online wine-tasting events giving you the chance to enjoy informative and sociable evenings without leaving home!
No masks, no stress, no babysitters - stay home, relax and enjoy dinner with the person who made the wine you're drinking!
Here you'll find the events that are currently on Sale.
CORPORATE CLIENT? Are you looking for a fun way to entertain your valued customers you've not been able to treat to a nice meal? or employees that have no longer been able to catch up with their colleagues? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to put together "Quaranvino Aperitivo" events to make a fun and social end to a long day at the (home)-office.
EVENTS ON SALE:
As borders open up, there are still some places with amazing wines that we can’t travel to. One of these is… South Africa.
Join us in July for three Saturday night events to discover the magic and the wines of this stunning country.
South Africa has a wine history dating back to 1659. Over the last few decades, many vine-growers have moved away from selling their grapes to large cooperative cellars, investing in skills and equipment to produce some of the most beautiful wines in the New World. For this series of Quaranvino we have selected three charismatic owners of some of the country’s leading boutique wineries to host a series of evenings in July:
- 11th July - Kevin Grant of Ataraxia – After 30 vintages Kevin describes himself no longer as a wine-maker or vine-grower but rather a “soil farmer”. He sees it is as his role to assist nature and the terroir to express its best possible result. We are totally enchanted by his poeticism.
- 18th July – Thomas Webb of Thelema Mountain Vineyard – Thomas’ father bought the Thelema vineyards in Stellenbosch at the beginning of the 1980s and quickly created one of the region’s best-known quality wineries. Thomas is full of stories, super easy-going and has an answer to any question we could throw at him about wine and South Africa.
- 25th July - Mary Lou Nash of Black Pearl Wines a.k.a The Mischief Maker (you’ll get it when you meet her!) – Mary Lou is a self-taught wine-maker who runs this one-woman-show winery on the slopes of the Paarl mountain. We love her energy and the playful glint in her eye.
We have selected 3 wines from each winery (Trio Box), but also offer a 2-bottle package (Duo box). There is always a “why” and an extra story behind the third bottle. The wines are chosen to ensure we enjoy a wide range of grape varieties and styles which are representative of South Africa so there will always be something for everyone’s taste.
TICKETS ARE LIMITED - We like to keep numbers manageable and we have limited stocks of the wines. Wines will be sent out on Monday 6th July.
What you get in the ticket price:
- Access to all three events. Dinners are private, closed events.
- 6 or 9 bottles of wines depending on the package you choose
- Shipment of the wines within Germany. We can ship anywhere in the EU (except Sweden & Finland), please choose the International Shipping Supplement when you make your order
- Suggested authentic recipes for each of the wines.
- The chance to meet and mix with the wine producers and wine lovers from across Europe.
- The feel-good factor - by participating in Quaranvino you're supporting the South African wine industry and we also include a donation to provide a month's worth of nutritional muffins for a school-child in the Western cape. Double whammy.
Quaranvino goes South Africa Wine list:
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Noir (Trio Box only)
- Muscat der Frotignon
- Thelema Merlot
- Sutherland Chardonnay (Trio Box only)
Black Pearl Wines
- Chenin Blanc
- Oro Blend (Mourvedre, Syrah)
- The Mischief Maker (Trio Box only)
Quaranvino – How you’re supporting South Africa:
Wineries in South Africa have had to endure their government’s decision to ban the sale of alcohol from the end of March until the beginning of June. Restaurants are closed for sit-in guests, it remains unclear when borders will reopen and there are still heavy doubts over whether the tourism season will even happen this year. Quaranvino provides wineries an opportunity to expand their reach and reinforce their brand on export markets in these difficult times. What’s more, for every trio and duo box bought we will also donate a months’ worth of nutritional muffins to a school child in the Western Cape through the Lebenslinien charity. These muffins provide essential vitamins, minerals and iron to children and are sometimes the only meal they eat. The muffins have proved to give a significant increase in cognitive abilities and a drastic reduction in absence from school or kindergarten due to respiratory and gastric diseases.